Thursday, November 5, 2009

BP5_2009112_FLickr

For this post we have to find or think of a lesson involving Flickr. I looked through pages and pages of lessons and came to the conclusion that Flickr is a very versatile and useful tool in terms of education. I started to think about what I could use Flickr for and came up with a great way to communicate in an online classroom through pictures.

I started to think of this idea when I was uploading a couple of pictures for this very assignment. I started to think that students could use Flickr to tell stories that would otherwise be done in say Garageband or iMovie. The main direction could be to tell a story of an event through pictures and journalism style captions. There would be a minimum number of pictures posted (let's say 15) in order to tell the story with enough accuracy. For example, I want to tell a story about going to the zoo and finding my favorite animal, the tiger. I could take a picture of the zoo front entrance, then some shots of animals while I am wondering through the area. Finally, I would post the picture of my subject and all the while captions would help paint a clearer picture of the experience.

I am aware this has probably been done a million times before, but this is the idea that popped into my mind when I was exploring Flickr. I hope you enjoyed my ideas as much as I enjoyed creating them.

1 comment:

  1. I do! Just as your Flickr story builds, so does your teacher toolbox. One idea on top of another:) It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete